This article contains information about how to configure the Service Virtual Machine (VM) on a NetScaler SDX appliance.
If you do not have any servers in the same Layer 2 domain as the NetScaler SDX appliance, you cannot connect to the Graphical User Interface (GUI) of the appliance using the NetScaler IP address to configure the Service VM.
- Administrator access to a NetScaler SDX appliance
- Serial console access to the appliance
To configure the Service VM on a NetScaler SDX appliance, complete the following steps:
- Start a NetScaler SDX appliance.
- Log on to the appliance using the serial console with the nsroot account as shown in the following screen shot.
- Run the following command to switch to the shell prompt of the appliance.
- Drop to shell
- Run the following command to open the svm.conf file.
- Update the following line with the new IP address and netmask.
>> ifconfig 0/1 <ip_address> netmask <netmask>
- Add the following line at the end of the file.
>> route add default <default_gateway>
- Save and quit the editor.
- Run the following command from the command line interface of the appliance.
- Run the following command.
Note: A new IP address is assigned to the Service VM and starts the Service VM.
- Run the following command to view the contents of the svm.conf file.root@ns# more /flash/mpsconfig/svm.conf
ifconfig 0/2 down
ifconfig 0/2 delete
arp -d -aroute flush
ifconfig 0/1 10.10.10.181 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default 10.10.10.1
ifconfig 0/3 169.254.0.10 netmask 255.255.0.0
Note: 10.10.10.181 is the IP address of the new Service VM and 10.10.10.1 is the default gateway.
- Open the GUI on http://10.10.10.181.